We are seeking an experienced, Senior Manager to join our very busy team based in Southport on a full time basis.
Reporting to the Client Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the accounting service delivery for the office, ensuring that workflow is delivered promptly by the team, liaising with the Tax Department, ensuring billing targets are met and efficiencies are monitored. You will have strong technical competence to ensure that work is compliant and team skills are maintained.
We are a fast-growing dynamic accountancy and advisory business, we have 7 offices based across the North West and Wales which offer vibrant places to work. You’ll have the opportunity to experience a wide range of industries and clients making every day unique.
As we strive for B Corp certification, we are committed to using our business as a force for good. By joining our team you’ll be contributing to sustainable and responsible working practices that benefit our clients, the communities we operate in, our environment and our team.
We understand the importance of work life balance and prioritise the well being of our employees, with flexible working arrangements, competitive salaries and generous leave policies to ensure we are offering the opportunity of a fulfilling and rewarding career without sacrificing personal commitments.
Join our team and unlock your full potential!
Purpose of the role:
The main purpose of the role is to provide professional financial advice and exceptional service to our clients, which comprise mainly of small and medium sized owner managed businesses. You will also have significant involvement in managing the workflow of the accounting team and meeting billing and WIP targets.
Practice Accountant role, duties and responsibilities
- Managing a team to delivery accountancy services
- Managing a portfolio of clients
- Tracking job progress and WIP/billing targets
- Monitoring deadlines
- Preparation and/or review of accounts for limited companies
- Preparation and/or review of corporation tax computations and returns
- Building a positive working relationship with clients and the practice
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations
- Use of computer software including IRIS, Sage, Xero and Quickbooks, Microsoft Office 365 including Word and Excel
- Ensuring work is completed to a high standard and on time
- Dealing with any client queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Assisting colleagues and trainees within the team with their personal development and providing technical advice
- Undertake such other duties that are required commensurate with the role
The ideal candidate:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) with at least 5 years post qualified experience in a practice environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and able to successfully communicate with people at all levels, both financial and non-financial
- Excellent reporting skills
- Confidently able to offer recommendations and advice to our clients.
- Highly competent with outstanding commercial acumen and a solid grasp of business aims and objectives
- Demonstrable experience and a proven track record in a similar role
- A full UK driving licence is essential
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- 36 days holiday – inclusive of Bank Holidays/Christmas period
- Pension scheme – 5% employer contribution
- Option to buy/sell a maximum of 5 days holiday
- Employee assistance programme (which includes; Life support, Legal information, Bereavement support, Medical Information, CBT & Managerial Support).
- Life Assurance cover (4 x annual salary)
- Option of salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/shared parental pay
- Enhanced sick pay
- Referral scheme
- Paid volunteer time and an annual charitable donation on your behalf
- Long service enhancements to employer pension contribution and holiday entitlement
Salary of £48,000 – £52,000 dependant upon experience