We are seeking an experienced Personal Tax Senior to join our very busy team based in Northwich on a full time basis. Reporting to the Client Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing a portfolio of personal tax clients and subsequent tax activities including planning, compliance and preparation of personal tax returns.
Our mission is to build relationships with our clients, to support them on their business journey and to make a positive difference to their business and their lives. As a forward-thinking accountancy practice, you’ll have access to the very latest software and technologies as we embrace technology to enhance our client experience.
We provide a collaborative environment and inclusive work culture. We believe in the power of teamwork where you will work alongside a team of talented and dedicated professionals. We are committed to supporting the growth and development of our team members and offer comprehensive training programs, mentorship opportunities and a clear career progression path so that you can reach your full potential.
Join our team and unlock your full potential!
Purpose of the role:
The main purpose of the role is to provide advice to clients in relation to personal tax matters. The successful candidate must understand tax legislation, compliance with relevant laws and the impact this has on a business. They must also be commercially aware and able to identify opportunities to minimise the personal tax bills of their clients.
Responsibilities include liaison with HMRC and completion of all required government documents relating to taxes.
Role duties and responsibilities:
- Effectively manage a portfolio of personal tax clients, building a positive working relationship with clients and the practice
- Liaise with clients to provide the appropriate information required in a timely manner.
- Plan, prepare and execute client personal tax returns in accordance within specified deadlines
- Ensure tax liability is correctly calculated and communicated to the client accordingly.
- Responsible for the completion of client P11D forms and submission of these to HMRC.
- Liaise with HMRC and other third parties on behalf of the client.
- Maintain current working knowledge of tax laws and regulations, including new filing practices, deadlines, and any company-specific information.
- Record chargeable time daily and, where required, to work within fee budgets.
- Review work by junior colleagues / trainees within the team
- Undertake such other duties that are required commensurate with the role
The ideal candidate:
- Previous experience in a similar role within an accounting practice, dealing with all aspects of personal tax
- Able to work on own initiative but also a good team player with great interpersonal skills which will be required to work in a small dedicated team.
- Highly organised and a good planner with efficient time management and able to work under pressure at certain times of the year.
- Tax or accountancy qualifications or working towards would be an advantage. Opportunity for further study would be available to the right person.
- Happy to assist colleagues with their portfolios, where there are workflow pressures.
- Be able to deliver ‘right first time’ tax returns and accompanying letters for review.
- Able to undertake appropriate research on own initiative when presented with unfamiliar issues but equally happy to ask colleagues for advice.
Benefits and other
- Competitive salary
- 36 days holiday inclusive of bank/public holidays and Christmas closure
- Option to buy/sell a maximum of 5 days holiday
- Flexible working (3 days office minimum)
- Employee assistance programme (which includes; Life support, Legal information, Bereavement support, Medical Information, CBT & Managerial Support).
- Pension scheme – 5% employer contribution
- Life assurance cover (2 x annual salary)
- On-site parking
- Option of salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/shared parental pay
- Enhanced sick pay
- Referral scheme
- Paid volunteer time and an annual charitable donation on your behalf
- Long service enhancements to employer pension contribution and holiday entitlement
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Salary: From £33,000-36,000 per year