We have a fantastic opportunity for a qualified Audit Assistant Manager to join our very busy team based in Northwich on a full time basis. Reporting to the Director, the successful candidate will be ACA/ACCA qualified, have at least 1 years’ post qualified experience and be passionate about using their audit and accounting skills to help clients.
This role would suit a candidate who is looking for a hands-on, client facing role with a dynamic and growing accountancy practice, with opportunities to develop and progress within the firm.
We are a fast-growing dynamic accountancy and advisory business, we have 7 offices based across the North West and Wales which offer vibrant places to work. You’ll have the opportunity to experience a wide range of industries and clients making every day unique.
Our mission is to build relationships with our clients, to support them on their business journey and to make a positive difference to their business and their lives. As a forward-thinking accountancy practice, you’ll have access to the very latest software and technologies as we embrace technology to enhance our client experience.
We provide a collaborative environment and inclusive work culture. We believe in the power of teamwork where you will work alongside a team of talented and dedicated professionals. We are committed to supporting the growth and development of our team members and offer comprehensive training programs, mentorship opportunities and a clear career progression path so that you can reach your full potential.
We understand the importance of work life balance and prioritise the wellbeing of our employees, with flexible working arrangements, competitive salaries and generous leave policies to ensure we are offering the opportunity of a fulfilling and rewarding career without sacrificing personal commitments.
As we strive for B Corp certification, we are committed to using our business as a force for good. By joining our team you’ll be contributing to sustainable and responsible working practices that benefit our clients, the communities we operate in, our environment and our team.
Join our team and unlock your full potential!
Purpose of the role:
The main purpose of the role is to provide professional financial advice and exceptional service to our clients, which comprise mainly of limited companies.
Role duties and responsibilities
- Planning and project managing a portfolio of audit clients
- Review the work of junior staff members and ensure that any review points are addressed.
- Assisting colleagues and trainees within the team with development and technical advice.
- Tracking job progress and billing targets
- Preparation of accounts for limited companies
- Building a positive working relationship with clients including attending client planning and completion meetings.
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations
- Ensuring work is completed to a high standard and on time
- Dealing with any client queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Converse with computer software including IRIS, Sage, Xero and Quickbooks
- Undertake such other duties that are required commensurate with the role
The ideal candidate:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) with at least 1 years post qualified experience.
- Understanding of UK Audit regulations
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and able to successfully communicate with people at all levels, both financial and non-financial
- Confidently able to offer recommendations and advice to our clients.
- Highly competent with outstanding commercial acumen and a solid grasp of business aims and objectives
- Demonstrable experience and a proven track record in a similar role
- A full UK driving licence is essential
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working (3 days office minimum)
- 36 days holiday – inclusive of Bank Holidays/Christmas period
- Pension scheme – 5% employer contribution
- Option to buy/sell a maximum of 5 days holiday
- Employee assistance programme (which includes; Life support, Legal information, Bereavement support, Medical Information, CBT & Managerial Support).
- Life Assurance cover
- Option of salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/shared parental pay
- Enhanced sick pay
- Referral scheme
- Paid volunteer time and an annual charitable donation on your behalf
- Long service enhancements to employer pension contribution and holiday entitlement
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £45,000 – £48,000 per year dependant upon experience
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week