We are seeking to recruit an experienced Payroll Senior to join us on a full-time basis at our Northwich office reporting to the Client Director as part of the Personal Tax and Payroll team.
Our mission is to build relationships with our clients, to support them on their business journey and to make a positive difference to their business and their lives. As a forward-thinking accountancy practice, you’ll have access to the very latest software and technologies as we embrace technology to enhance our client experience.
We understand the importance of work life balance and prioritise the wellbeing of our employees, with flexible working arrangements, competitive salaries and generous leave policies to ensure we are offering the opportunity of a fulfilling and rewarding career without sacrificing personal commitments.
As we strive for B Corp certification, we are committed to using our business as a force for good. By joining our team you’ll be contributing to sustainable and responsible working practices that benefit our clients, the communities we operate in, our environment and our team.
Join our team and unlock your full potential!
The primary function of this role is to independently ensure the accurate and timely delivery of client payroll services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for end to end payroll processing and Auto Enrolment.
- Manage and process a full payroll and establish good working relationships with all clients.
- Keep up to date on legislation and industry changes through independent research.
- Work collaboratively within the payroll team and wider payroll group at bennettbrooks.
- Maintain good working relationships through effective communication with colleagues, clients, HMRC and other third-party providers.
- Actively seek to solve payroll related and customer service issues.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
- CIPP qualified or equivalent.
- Payroll experience within an accountancy practice is preferred but not essential.
- In depth understanding of payroll legislation, processing and Auto Enrolment regulations.
- Ability to manually calculate a payroll.
- In depth understanding of Sage 50cloud payroll software or Bright Pay preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment and on own initiative.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- A positive and proactive approach to various roles the job entails.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft products.
Benefits and other
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- 36 days holiday – inclusive of Bank Holidays/Christmas period
- Pension scheme – 5% employer contribution
- Option to buy/sell a maximum of 5 days holiday
- Employee assistance programme (which includes; Life support, Legal information, Bereavement support, Medical Information, CBT & Managerial Support).
- Life Assurance cover
- Option of salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/shared parental pay
- Enhanced sick pay
- Referral scheme
- Paid volunteer time and an annual charitable donation on your behalf
- Long service enhancements to employer pension contribution and holiday entitlement
- Onsite parking
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £29,100.00-£32,000.00 per year dependant upon experience