We are seeking an AAT qualified Accountant to join our busy Southport office on a full-time basis. Reporting to the Client Director, the successful candidate will be AAT qualified and looking for a hands-on, client facing role with a dynamic and growing accountancy practice, with opportunities to develop and progress within the firm.
Our mission is to build relationships with our clients, to support them on their business journey and to make a positive difference to their business and their lives. As a forward-thinking accountancy practice, you’ll have access to the very latest software and technologies as we embrace technology to enhance our client experience.
We understand the importance of work life balance and prioritise the wellbeing of our employees, with flexible working arrangements, competitive salaries and generous leave policies to ensure we are offering the opportunity of a fulfilling and rewarding career without sacrificing personal commitments.
Join our team and unlock your full potential!
Role & Responsibilities
- Supporting the accounts portfolio managers to service clients.
- The role will predominantly be a mix of bookkeeping, VAT return preparation, preparation of accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies, preparation of corporation tax computations and returns.
- Some personal tax although this is not the main focus.
- Building a positive working relationship with clients and the practice.
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations and internal procedures.
- Day to day use of computer software including IRIS, Sage, Xero and Quickbooks.
- Ensuring work is completed to a high standard and on time.
- Dealing with any client queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Undertake such other duties that are required commensurate with the role.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- AAT qualified with excellent practical experience of bookkeeping and accounts.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in an accountancy practice environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and able to successfully communicate with people at all levels, both financial and non-financial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Sage, Xero, IRIS and Microsoft.
- Works as part of a team.
- Confidently able to offer recommendations and advice to our clients.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- A full UK driving licence is essential.
- Flexible and hybrid working available
- 36 days holiday – inclusive of Bank Holidays/Christmas period
- Pension scheme – 5% employer contribution
- Option to buy/sell a maximum of 5 days holiday
- Employee assistance programme (which includes; Life support, Legal information, Bereavement support, Medical Information, CBT & Managerial Support).
- Life Assurance cover (2 x annual salary)
- Option of salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/shared parental pay
- Enhanced sick pay
- Referral scheme
- Paid volunteer time and an annual charitable donation on your behalf
- Long service enhancements to employer pension contribution and holiday entitlement
- Opportunities to develop through on the job training or to progress with further professional studies in the future
Salary: up to £26,000 per annum